Creating a not-for-profit allows you to do something for the world, give back, and contribute toward something you’re passionate about. It’s an active way to donate. Further, despite the name, establishing a not-for-profit can be a very beneficial tax and wealth management strategy – when you know the best options for your situation. If you are interested in creating a not-for-profit, including family foundations and charitable trusts, Skalski Law is here to support you.
First, with our combined expertise in law and tax, we can help you evaluate your vision and determine what course of action you’d like to take. What are your reasons and goals for creating this entity? This should factor in greatly to what you do. Then, we can assist with the process of organizing your new entity and applying for tax exempt status, including the preparation of Form 1023.
Once your not-for-profit has been established (and for clients with existing not-for-profits), we offer the following services:
- Legal Advice
- Assistance with Documentation
- Building a Board of Directors and Organizational Structure
- Drafting a Gift/Donation Acceptance Policy
- Form Filings (including Form 990 and 990-PF)
- Unrelated Business Income Tax Issues
- Protection against Revocation of Tax Exempt Status
- Other Legal Matters of Concern to a Not-for-Profit Entity
- Other Areas of Support for the Entity’s Operations
Call us today to discuss how we can be of service.